On October 5, 1945, at a well attended meeting, the Terrell County Chamber of Commerce, formerly the Terrell County Board of Trade, adopted by-laws and further perfected the organization. The Body was incorporated on October 5, 1945 and application was made for charter. The purpose of the organization was to foster better business, to promote the welfare and well being of the county and to assist generally in bringing about the things that make for a better and more prosperous community. Membership dues were set at $12.00 per year and a goal of 100 members was set. Ed Young was elected as the first Chamber President on October 10, 1946 and served in the capacity for 7 years. On April 3, 1947, Frederick A. Anderson was employed as Executive Secretary and the Chamber of Commerce formally opened offices on East Lee Street.